Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including 30% of the Fortune 500, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
We’re looking for a Senior Federal Security Analyst to join us in spreading the power of Wiz.This position will report into our Head of Federal Programs and requires the planning and execution of ongoing security operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop then own an efficient, effective continuous monitoring (ConMon) program. This includes processes, procedures, and tools.
- Proactively identify, analyze, quantify, and report on ConMon risk impacts to both the organization and to customers, as it relates to product vulnerabilities and findings that arise from both internal and external audits.
- Schedule, host, and run external continuous monitoring calls with federal agency mission owners (MOs) and/or Authorizing Officials (AOs)
- Partner with other members of the federal team to ensure the ConMon program elements are consistent with other federal initiatives such a Document Control, Federal SDLC, Federal IAM etc.
- Define proper, value add analytics, and track key metrics and key quality performance indicators
- Drive process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reducing the manual efforts through automation.
- Align teams to identify and deliver on shared goals of the ConMon program.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of working directly on federal compliance initiatives leveraging NIST 800-137. Knowledge of other federal compliance initiatives such as SOC2, CMMC, ISO is helpful but not required.
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-53. Knowledge of DISA SRG/STIGs is helpful but not required.
- Technical acumen in SQL, Excel macros
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extreme detail orientation and organization.
- Experience efficiently coordinating and leading external audits
- Strong presentation skills and communicate professionally in response to emails, customer responses, auditors, and internal teams.
- Ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Excellent listening skills and able to bring together multiple perspectives.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience interacting with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Experience operating autonomously with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones and the ability to achieve results with cross-functional, virtual teams.
- You enjoy discovering new ways to complete tasks, always seeking to improve efficiency.
- You love automating a manual process.
- You are discerning about protecting federal data and you are obsessed with quality & reliability.
- You have an aptitude for statistical analysis and seek trends in order to prevent a risk from becoming an issue.
- You are data driven.
- You are not risk averse nor risk addicted. You know how to compare trade-offs to make a risk-based decision that is good for the organization and good for our customers.
- You do not get stuck in analysis paralysis – you never let perfection get in the way of progress.
- You have a clear understanding of the unique characteristics of selling to and supporting federal customers.
- You are self-driven and require little oversight, but enjoy building strong relationships.
- You can provide evidence that you meet EAR part 772 and ITAR 120.15 definition of a U.S. person (Any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship; or, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (green card holder); or, any individual who is granted status as a “protected person”) and that you reside in the contiguous United States.
We are focused on candidates located in Denver, New York, Dallas or Washington D.C., but support both remote or hybrid models in these locations.
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.