Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including over 35% of the Fortune 100, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
We are looking for a Disaster Recovery Manager to join us in securing Wiz and its future. You will report to the Head of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery and work alongside a team of Wizards passionate about raising standards in system resilience across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and executing our Disaster Recovery program while ensuring governance, policies, controls, processes, and tools are in place. The ideal candidate will be highly technical with experience in developing and implementing DR strategies within AWS and Azure. In so doing, you’ll help insulate Wiz and our customers against any eventuality, as we work to reinvent cloud security from the inside out. Please note, this is an individual contributor position.
Additionally, we are focused on candidates located in New York, Austin, Denver, and Washington D.C., but support both remote or hybrid models in these locations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with leadership and technology teams to develop, implement, and manage a cloud-based Disaster Recovery strategy that meets the business’s recovery objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, operations, security, and business stakeholders, to ensure alignment and support for ongoing disaster recovery initiatives
- Coordinate and oversee exercises in order to validate the effectiveness of playbooks and identify any areas of improvement
- Develop and maintain documentation (e.g. policy, procedures, playbooks, recovery plans, etc.) and provide regular reporting to program stakeholders
- Work with external vendors and customers to ensure Disaster Recovery solutions are in place, tested, and fully operational
- Act as the subject matter expert on all aspects of Disaster Recovery and provide guidance and support to the wider-business
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices (e.g., ISO 22301, ISO 27031, FFIEC, NIST, etc.), emerging technologies, and regulatory requirements
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities for enhancements and implementing corrective actions
- Ability to be highly available and responsive outside of normal business hours during crisis management and incident response events
- Assist with audit, compliance, and customer requests
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and managing cloud-based Disaster Recovery programs
- Strong technical expertise in AWS and Azure cloud platforms, including experience in developing and implementing DR strategies within these environments
- Strong technical proficiency to effectively troubleshoot and solve problems in a complex multi-cloud environment
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications in disaster recovery, cloud platforms, or related areas (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist, CBCP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in Computer Science or a related technical field
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.