Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including over 35% of the Fortune 100, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
In this role, you will report to the General Counsel. You will work alongside a team of Wizards, including the public sector legal team, sales, marketing and others across the business customer's business needs. Our ideal candidate blends strong technical aptitude, superior attention to detail, strong influencer and great presentation skills. Our priority is building a secure infrastructure for their cloud environments. We do that by learning their business. We ask questions. We listen. We help educate.
We are focused on candidates located in Washington D.C., but support both remote or hybrid models in this location.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish and build out Wiz’s global government affairs program, with an early focus in the U.S. on raising Wiz’s brand recognition amongst key policymakers, crafting a favorable regulatory environment for business and providing direct support to public sector market entry. Ability to support scaling the program international on pace with Wiz’s business growth.
- Identify the need for, and lead the development of, government affairs products for internal consumption, including but not limited to regular monitor reports across different levels of business, trackers, stakeholder engagement maps, talking points, blog posts, op-eds and proposed legislation.
- Assist and advise senior management and leadership on political developments, challenges and opportunities, with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
- Identify and onboard key consultants and relevant industry associations through which to work in pursuit of effective policy engagements.
- Manage engagement with third-party influencers in the policy environment, including think tanks, civil society groups, philanthropies and other bodies in support of Wiz priorities.
- Publish and speak publicly and on the record on behalf of Wiz’s public policy agency, including testifying before government bodies.
- Develop close working relationships with teams across Wiz, including legal, compliance, standards, security, product, finance, communications, sales and sustainability.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or related field required; graduate degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in advocacy or public policy/government affairs required, including a breadth of experience across government, military, consulting, thought leadership and prior in-house roles.
- Proven experience with direct lobbying and ability to conceive and execute policy campaigns with the help of external consultants.
- Strong familiarity with emerging technology public policy trends in the areas of cybersecurity, cloud, cross-border data flow and digital trade, competition, artificial intelligence and public sector procurement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex regulatory and policy matters into easily understood language.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong government contacts at local, state, and federal levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be based in Washington, D.C.
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.