Come join the company that is reinventing cloud security and empowering businesses to thrive in the cloud. As the fastest-growing startup ever, Wiz is on a mission to help organizations secure cloud environments that will accelerate their businesses. Trusted by security teams all over the world, we have a proven track record of success and a culture that values world-class talent.
Our Wizards from over 13 countries work together to protect the infrastructure of our hundreds of customers, including over 35% of the Fortune 100, who trust us to scan and secure over 230 billion files daily. We’re the leading player in a massive and growing market, but it’s still early enough for you to make a significant impact. At Wiz, you’ll have the freedom to think creatively, dream big, and use your full range of skills to contribute to our record growth. Come join our team and help us create secure cloud environments that allow the best companies to move faster.
We’re looking for an ambitious New York City-based Privacy Operations Manager to join us in spreading the power of Wiz. In this role, you will report to the Privacy Officer.
We are focused on candidates located in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with and report to Wiz’s Global Privacy Officer on Wiz’s privacy and compliance program, and be part of the global legal, compliance and security team
- Work with various teams across the company on the technical implementation of privacy compliance including data mapping, DPIAs, TIAs and conducting privacy impact assessments of wide-ranging scope and purpose
- Managing privacy ops technology including cookies consent, DSARs, data mapping
- Conducting (re)-assessments of high and medium risk vendors and personal data processing activities
- Planning roadmaps for privacy initiatives
- Project manage and execute on the implementation of enterprise-wide cross-functional privacy and compliance initiatives
- Supporting compliance processes and privacy audits including SOC 2, ISO, HIPAA
- Supporting on privacy and data protection customer audits and questionnaires
- Records management and Quality Assurance
- Developing and embedding privacy notices, templates, advice, guidance and processes with the objective of improving privacy program
- Support the Privacy team with any other privacy activities as may be required from time to time
- Keep up to date with global privacy developments
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of hands on, in-house operational privacy/data protection experience
- Good understanding of global privacy landscape & laws and how this applies in technology and online businesses
- Knowledge of compliance management standards, tools, methodologies and best practices
- Technical understanding of how to implement data protection & privacy obligations within a business including data governance
- Excellent organization skills, able to handle multiple requests with differing priorities and stakeholders
- Experience of OneTrust and Jira would be advantageous
- CIPT, CIPM, CIPP, CDPSE or similar certification is preferred but not required
- Demonstrable drive to build a successful career in data privacy and grow with the company as it continues to expand globally
- Team player who can also work independently
If your experience is close but doesn’t fulfill all requirements, please apply. Wiz is on a mission to build a special company. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring Wizards with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Wiz is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.